Monday, June 14, 2010

Hope...

Over the past weekend Tim and I walked in the Relay for Life.  What an experience!! 
My favorite part...the Luminaries  The entire track was lined with white paper bags decorated by fellow walkers in honor/memory of their friends and loved ones effected cancer.  They all had glow sticks in them and all of the track lights were shut off as we walked the track.  It was tough and so special I was so glad to be a part of it.


These are the bags that my good friend Jen decorated in memory of her grandmother.


I walked in memory of
My Grandpa, Lloyd Scott
My Aunt Anita Boyd
My "second" Grandma, Theresa Reitnauer
A dear friend, Rhonda Johnston

I walked in honor of
Our family friends, Coral Matich, Diane Tate, and Stephen Andrade

Each of these people have touched my life in one way or another and I do believe they are the strongest people I have ever known.
It was MY HONOR to walk for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment